The Public Consultation Documents
Submissions are now closed.
To download the consultation documents at full resolution, use the links below:
- Consultation Document – Volume 1 (164MB) updated
- Consultation Document – Volume 2 – Supporting Information (113MB)
To download the consultation documents at lower resolution (smaller files size and faster download), use the links below:
- Consultation Document – Volume 1 (6MB) updated
- Consultation Document – Volume 2 – Supporting Information (27MB)
Note: Consultation Document Erratum
The original Volume 1, published on 25 October, contains errors.
Page 62: Under the proposed site ‘D – Pleasant River to Stony Creek’, Figure 18 relating to Commercial Fishing Intensity contains incorrect information.
The correct table can be downloaded here. Note that as of 1st December the full corrected version of volume 1 can be downloaded above.
Pages 76 & 181: Under proposal ‘H – Papanui Canyon’, Figure 24 and 71 relating to habitats contains incorrect information. The correct information can be downloaded here.
Making Your Submission
Submissions have now closed…
Proposed Site Maps
You can view individual maps of the proposed sites below. However, we recommend you view the maps contained within the consultation document to get the full picture of why the sites are being proposed and what restrictions are being proposed.
- A Tuhawaiki to Pareora (Type 2)
- B Waitaki Coastal (Type 1)
- C Waitaki (Type 2)
- D Pleasant River to Stony Creek (Type 1)
- E&F Alternative 1
- G&H Alternative 2
- I Harakeke Point to White Island (Type 1)
- J White Island to Waldronville (Type 2)
- K Green Island (Type 1)
- L Akatore Estuary (Type 2)
- M Akatore Coastal (Type 1)
- N Akatore Offshore (Type 2)
- O Long Point (Type 1)
- P Long Point Offshore (Type 2)
- Q Tahakopa Estuary (Type 1)
- R Tautuku Estuary (Type 2)
- S Haldane Estuary (Type 2)
- T Kelp Forest (Type – other)
Public Information Sessions
The Forum has completed their public information sessions but this is not the end of your opportunity to get more information. You can still contact one of the Forum members, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 687 729.
Sat 5 Nov, 10am – 4pm, Otago Yacht Club, Magnet Street
Sun 6 Nov, 12 Noon – 5pm, Port Chalmers Town Hall, Grey Street
Wed 9 Nov, 10am – 2pm, Te Rau Aroha Marae, 8 Bradshaw St
Thurs 10 Nov, 5.30pm- 8.30pm, Corinthian Centre, Working Men’s Club, 154 Esk St
Fri 11 Nov 5.30pm – 8.30pm, Waikawa Hall, Niagara-Tokanui Highway
Sat 12 Nov, 10am – 1pm, The Catlins Area School, 1 Stuart St
Sat 12 Nov 3pm – 6pm, Cross Recreational Centre, 18 Glasgow St
Wed 16 Nov, 5.30pm – 8.30pm, Church 58 Lowburn Valley Rd
Thurs 17 Nov, 5.30pm – 8.30pm, Fendalton Community Centre, 170 Clyde Rd
Fri 18 Nov, 5.30pm – 8.30pm, Caroline Bay Community Lounge, Caroline Bay
Sat 19 Nov, 10am – 1pm, Oamaru Opera House, 94 Thames St
Sat 19 Nov, 3pm – 6pm, The Events Centre, Main Rd
Sun 20 Nov, 12Noon – 5pm, Otakou Marae, Tamatea Rd. The information session will take place in the Hakuiao (dining room). Members of the public can drop by at any time during the session (as this is a drop in session there will be no powhiri).